Creating a customer experience strategy that delights clients, keeps them engaged and encourages them to refer others to buy from you is not a one-and-done activity. You need to craft a plan, engage your employees to live and breathe the plan and tweak it constantly to make sure it’s working.
So, how do you get started on the path to creating a CX plan that truly is worth the effort?
Let’s make sure we understand the definition of a “Customer Experience Strategy.”
According to Hubspot, “if customer experience refers to the sum of every interaction a customer has with a business, both pre- and post-sale, the customer experience strategy defines the actionable plans in place to deliver a positive, meaningful experience across those interactions.”
Your CX strategy has to engage your entire workforce from every member of management to the vendors you interact with regularly. This includes people who have facetime with customers and those who don’t. CX mustibe a system-wide effort.
Every action creates a reaction from customers. You want people to be inspired to react positively. And, even when that’s not possible, because not every situation is ideal, you want customers to feel cared for and listened to and that their concerns have been heard and are being addressed. Right away.
To do this, you need to make sure your team understands the goal (delighting customers!) When they partake in helping to create the CX strategy, they will “own” it and ensure it works. This means asking for feedback constantly from your team to find out how you can do better.
There’s a lot that goes into creating a successful plan of action including:
- Setting a company vision based on delighting customers
- Truly understanding your customer base and how they interact with you
- Having critical knowledge of your marketplace including knowing who your competitors are and what they are doing to attract and retain customers
Finally, and this might be the most important piece of the puzzle, you need to evaluate what your company does well and where you need improvement so you can fix what’s broken and monitor improvements.
How will you know if your customer experience (CX) strategy is working?
- You’ll have happy customers who buy again and again.
- Those customers will leave positive online reviews.
- They will talk about their positive interactions with your company and products/services to everyone they know (and even some they don’t!)
- Your employees will feel the positive vibes from happy customer interactions and it will show in their work motivation and productivity.
Harmonia Media Will Help Nurture Your Customers
One of the digital components of CX is putting in place a solid nurturing strategy to ensure you stay top of mind when customers are not currently interacting with you. This is vital because you never know when they could be in a position to recommend you, or when they need to buy again.
Harmonia Media’s expertise in nurturing customers through targeted email marketing campaigns is second to none.
Contact us today for a FREE phone consultation. We will help you drive new business to your website and create a customer experience you’ll be proud to shout about!