- Post about your blog: If someone at your company is creating blog content, it’s critically important to SHARE IT. This is a no brainer! (What? No one is blog writing for you? May I direct you back to us?)
- Show off your culture: I used to work at a place where we celebrated every holiday (real and made-up!) with a fun breakfast or lunch complete with hats and noisemakers. Those event photos made GREAT social posts. Not only do they show your community a more personal side of your team, but they also give potential employees some insight into what they are missing!)
- The news they can use: Don’t hesitate to share information and articles (from credible sources) about studies, statistics and anything interesting about your industry.
- Ask a question: Know what’s interesting about the one-sided conversation? Absolutely nothing. Post a question about something sure to catch your community’s “eye” and respond to the answers to encourage conversation.
- Testimonials: When you get a positive review on Google or Yelp, or a customer sends you an email or Tweet telling you how your company or employee rocks, don’t keep the nice words a secret. SHARE THE NEWS in a social meeting post. Referrals rule!
- Any Company Videos: Launching a new product? Opening a new location? Recognizing an employee who has done well? Attending a trade show? That’s video — and social posting — gold! Film it and share it!
- Friday Funnies or Meme-y Mondays! Everyone loves a good laugh! And we sure know that gifs get shared.
- Anything Interesting: You know this full well. You start surfing the ‘net and the next thing you know you are down a rabbit hole of articles — one leading to the next — that are sharing tidbits of info that holds your attention. If you share those kinds of smart, entertaining types of articles, photos, etc., people will come back for more.
A recent survey of people who are employed as digital marketing professionals revealed what’s new in the world of driving web traffic. The key to increasing customer interest in your brand online is very simple: personalize everything about your prospect’s experience when they look for you (and find you) on the web.
In fact, here is an important takeover statistic from the survey: “98% of marketers agree that personalization improves customer relationships.”
Now, to be clear, we said the key to online success is simple. We didn’t say it was easy, nor did we say it happens overnight.
How we personalize a customer experience on your site is as individual as your company and your customer audience itself. Harmonia Media specializes in website personalization and we would be happy to offer you a free phone consultation to learn more about your needs.
Contact Harmonia Media for a FREE
phone consultation about your digital marketing plan
While we can’t go into detail about how to personalize your online presence, we can review WHY it’s so critical to make sure each and every customer feels as though you have what they need and are ready to treat them the way they want to be treated.
Use it or lose it. You have a very small window to get someone’s attention when they get to your website. A person either gets the feels or they don’t. They decide quickly if yours is the kind of company they want to do business with and shell out hard-earned money.
So, don’t waste even a split second of time with anything other than getting to the heart of the matter — namely answering their questions and making sure they know they are in the right place.
Personalization requires some back-end technical work that allows a website to capture information about visitors to, essentially, customize/personalize the experience. An example is when you return to a website and you are greeted with a big “Hello (your name!) Welcome back!”
Another type of personalization is making sure that you are shown items related to your previous search and/or purchase. It stands to reason, for example, that is you just bought a washing machine, a return visit to the site may be for a clothes dryer.
Consumers know that Google is collecting information about them all the time. In this speeding high-tech world, we may not like that our online activities are being tracked, but we accept they are — for the most part.
All we can hope is that honest companies, like yours, are using the information to personalize experiences to delight customers. Who doesn’t love to be remembered by name? And if you can save a customer time by directing them to their next purchase they’ll love you more.
The bottom line is that personalization is here to stay and it’s only going to become more important. As a company looking to drive web traffic, embrace personalization and use it for all it’s worth. Because make no mistake about it, it’s worth a lot!
Are you happy with your website and digital marketing strategy? Wondering if you can attract more customers to your site and compel them to buy? Contact Harmonia Media for a FREE phone consultation about your digital marketing plan