Niche marketing is becoming increasingly important as the Internet makes it easier for customers to tailor their shopping experience to whatever their unique preferences are. Companies all over the globe have become very successful by focusing at least a portion of their marketing efforts on their own niche markets.
With niche marketing, you can do ‘more with less!’
Here are some reasons why it makes sense to focus on niche marketing:
- It helps you understand and define your target market.
- It’s easier to target specific companies you would like to work with.
- When you receive referrals you are already pre-qualified.
- You can increase your repeat business by building specific services for your niche.
- It can allow you to do ‘more with less’ for your online content strategy and SEO.
Know Your Niche
In order to work niche marketing into your plans, you need to clarify what that means for your company. Here are three questions to ask yourself:
- Who are you trying to sell to? What is your target market?
- What about your target market makes your services a good fit for them?
- Why do they need your services?
To illustrate what this thought process might look like, here are our answers to the above questions. At Harmonia Media, we focus on small businesses — from the start-up “solo-preneur” to the larger companies with up to about 50 employees. Most of our clients have been B2C, but we’ve also worked successfully with quite a few B2B companies. Our services are a good fit for small businesses because we can give them personalized customer care and customize our services to their specific Internet marketing needs. Being able to tailor these services also allows us to offer al la carte and reduced pricing that’s more in line with their budgets. These types of companies usually do not have an in-house marketing team, so they need to outsource these jobs. Working with us allows them to focus on their core business while we handle their website, social media pages, email marketing, SEO and any other needs.
There are many reasons to focus on a niche market, and hopefully this post has given you some motivation and guidelines to help you start to understand and reach out to your niche.